The Canada Excellence Research Chair (CERC) in Quantum Nonlinear Optics was jointly established in September of 2010 by the Government of Canada and the University of Ottawa. Our primary goal is the establishment of a world-class research program in Nanophotonics Methods for Quantum Nonlinear Optics at the University of Ottawa. Our research lies at the interface between science and engineering and has important outputs in fields as diverse as communication technology, solar energy conversion, and biomedical imaging. Some of the themes of our program include:
- applications of slow light;
- fabrication of photonic crystals used in the construction of photonic devices including slow-light devices;
- development of nanostructures for photonics;
- imaging at the single-photon level;
- secure communication based on quantum key distribution; and
- fundamental studies of transverse modes of light.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website.
-The CERC research group